- Object-oriented programming: significant experience in C#, some practice in C, C++, Java
- Tooling: source control (Git, TFS, Source Depot), build frameworks (MSBuild)
- Windows Phone app development
- Hobby experience in Python, Django, Ruby, R and Haskell
- Scripting: can build and maintain PowerShell, bash, and batch files
- Languages: proficient French, beginning Spanish, some Hindi and Icelandic
Software Development Engineer 2, Microsoft Membership and Accounts, Feb 2014 – March 2015
Software Development Engineer 2 (Test), Microsoft Windows Phone Services, Oct 2012 – Feb 2014
- Owned functional testing, end to end testing and monitoring for an MVC .NET site on a confidential project.
Software Development Engineer (Test), Microsoft Windows Phone, Feb 2009 – Oct 2012
- Planning, building and validating incremental Windows Phone OS updates (e.g.: Windows Mobile 6.5, Windows Phone 7.5 Tango, 8.0 Portico, other minor releases).
- Lead tester for all bug fixes and updates to consumer entertainment features, including app purchase, music, games, Xbox integration and start screen.
- Client owner for Marketplace expansion to ~60 new countries, including China, co-ordinating across three backend teams for end-to-end validation including payments.
Software Intern, Australian Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Dec 2007 – Feb 2008
- Created a graphical user interface for an in-house data filtering program using C++.
Tutor, Department of IT and Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland, 2006 – 2008
- Software Engineering Lab Supervisor: providing assistance to students in any course.
- Speaking at career fairs and workshops to encourage high school students to study IT.
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts (Cognitive Science, French)
Graduated December 2008 from the University of Queensland, Australia
- Graduate Certificate in User Centred Design
Completed March 2012 at the University of Washington
Last updated 25/10/2015
Download as Word